How much do your poodles weigh?

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much do your poodles weigh?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> General Poodle
::  
LuvMyBabies1231

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: How much do your poodles weigh? Reply with quote

I was just curious how much everyone's full grown toy poodles weigh? I know someone who got a puppy around the same time I got Kaiser, and his puppy is already around 5 pounds,..he will be 10 weeks this saturday! So I was just wondering what to expect,..I've never had a poodle before, and everywhere I've read says that they are usually around 10 pounds fully grown.
cindiatkins

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little girl is 3 1/2 pounds at 4 and a half months she is going to be 6 pounds so they say. My vet seemed to think she was a mini toy though. I have heard that a toy can be up to 10 pounds and 10 inches tall but I am not positive since this is my first one I am learning but have read a lot on them.
leisey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Chloe is 2.8 kilos (approx 6 pounds) fully grown. I am worried that this is very light, but the vet said she is healthy and has good muscle tone. She is on the light end of the scale but we've been told not to worry.
LuvMyBabies1231

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replys!! This is my first poodle too!! Yeah everything I've read said that they can get up to 10 pounds, but a lot of people I've talked to, theirs never get that big! Which is kind of a good thing lol, they are sooo cute because they are so little!! I don't want Kaiser to grow up to fast, but I'm curious to see how big he gets. He is just at a little under 3 pounds already, so I think he might be a little bigger! Anyway, thanks again!
Sophiesmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toy poodles can weigh anything. They can be lean or not so lean Laughing
Sophie weighs 6 pounds and Juliette weigh 4 pounds, my cow, Versace weighs 11 pounds. As long as your poodle does not get over 10 inches Tall, they are still a toy poodle. If it is over 10, then considered a mini, up to 15 over 15 inches is a standard.
I copied this from the AKC website. It doesn't say anything about weight. I even called them awhile back when Versace kept getting "fatter" He is a cow. He loves to eat... Laughing

The toy poodle is 10 inches or under at the highest point of the shoulders. Any poodle which is more than 10 inches at the highest point of the shoulders shall be disqualified from competition as a toy poodle.

As long as the toy poodle is definitely a toy poodle, and the Miniature poodle a Miniature poodle, both in balance and proportion for the Variety, diminutiveness shall be the deciding factor when all other points are equal.
Puppylove

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little Chloe is just over 2 lbs. She's 6 months old. My breeder thinks she'll be around 4 lbs full grown, but I don't think she's gonna make it! LOL
Crissi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luna is like Chloe 2.8kgs, just over 6lbs and she is 10 months old. She is all muscle as she runs like mad everyday Laughing Laughing

www.kyraandluna.co.uk - Quality pet Accessories
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NikkiG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sophie is just over a year and weighs 6 lbs. Her brother Scout is 7 months and weighs 5 lbs.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been away for a week at the beach and have just read your comments. I am very relieved to hear that Chloe is just average in weight. Thanks. (She still looks skinny to me though.)
benniesmom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She maybe has a high metabolic system Bennie weighs 10lbs. now and I am sure is now considered a mini because he has very long legs and am sure is over 10in. but like the more sturdyness of him the small ones are so cute but fragile. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> General Poodle All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: