Bella Groomed and Bathed (Pics)

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bella Groomed and Bathed (Pics)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
Bella Rina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Bella Groomed and Bathed (Pics) Reply with quote

I was really going to let her grow out but it's really hot here
so the clippers came out.....
[img]
[/img]Here's a Wink to all of you.........
[img]
Bathed and not so happy.......
[/img]
Very tired and sleepy after a warm bath......
[img]
All dry now.......
[/img]
[img]
Thanks 4 looking Wink [/img]

Puppylove

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, she looks so cute. Smile
cindiatkins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bella you are just a little doll....i love your ears....i am going to have sashas ears trimmed like that
porshiana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is just a little doll. i can see her ears are growing out nicely. She is so cute.

Can I ask a favor though? All I can really see is the face. Can I see some body shots? I'd like to see the tail, am wondering if you left a pom, etc. Her coat looks like it will be much more comfortable for this summer.

http://www.geocities.com/porshiana
marge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there Bella,
you did a good job, I love the wink you gave.and the top know you have
But the last picture above your left eye I see a hair twig sticking out.,
mommy better clip it or you could might get a hair in your eye Shocked
my mommy screwed my hair up, now I look like a unknown new breed until it grows back
Ask mommy to bring you and her clippers to my house, Lucy
porshiana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, cindiatkins, I've been wondering for a while now, is Sasha a parti, or what is she classified as? Her ears are so dark in contrast to her face. I can't quite see the rest of her body, and I always wonder if she has other red or apricot spots, or if it is just her ears.

cindiatkins

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sasha is registered as an apricot, she has some apricot coloring down her back now and starting to come in on the legs. She is so much lighter than she was the day we brought her home. She is kind of a cream color but has the apricot in it so it isnt cream....lol hope that helps....
porshiana

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, you just confused the heck out of me. She has gotten lighter, the almost white areas. I understand that part, because of the fading gene, a lot of poodles lighten. But, you are saying her apricot/cream areas are getting darker? or are they just showing up more in contrast to her light areas? because I thought poodles almost never got darker, anywhere, at all. The whole genetic thing still puzzles me, I am trying to figure it out, so please bare with me, I'm just trying to put that puzzle together. If you are saying that areas of her body are getting darker, then that is a whole new topic I need to look into.

I wish their genes were like himilayan cats. Theirs were so very simple. The boy offspring will be the color of the mother, and the female offspring will be a mix of the mother and the father's color. Why can't poodles be that simple? I plan on purchasing my puppies to breed in about two years. I figured I needed a while to really learn about breeding. Now I am beginning to think I need 10 or 20 years.

I was figuring I could get one male with the black, cream, and brown gene, as well as the lightening gene and 3-5 different color females, and would be able to produce all 3-5 color pups. All solid. Now I am finding out about hidden phantom genes, and hidden parrti genes, and sable genes, and sheesh. I found out I could mate two solids and come out with a parti. And no where is there any kind of table or chart that takes all of these genes into account and tells us what will make what.

Then, I was so happy because I found you could get your dog tested to see if they have brown, cream or black genes. It said these are the only colors for poodles, everything else is some kind of dilute. But there is no test to see if they have the fading gene, or the parti,phantom, abstract, tuxedo, etc. Now, i don't even know if the fading gene and the lightening gene are the same thing, or two different genes. I don't like being confused, I like answers, and I am very confused.

<<<now sitting in a corner in fetal position sucking her thumb.

niapeas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww she is so cute, I'm going to cut the girls down today or probably tomorrow......I'll take pics
Bella Rina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porshiana,
now U are confusing me!!! LOL
I used to have Himilayan cats that had kittens few times a year.
The male was chocolate point and female was flame.
From the hundreds of kittens they had, they have never had a flame point, only the chocolate.
Maybe due to the male dark points being more dominent than the female?
As far as poodles getting darker...........I can only say based on my own experience. Bella was white when I bought her, sometimes white poodles are born with darker ears then soon lighten or fade completely. Her registration papers say she is a white toy poodle. When I first shaved her, her body was very pink becasue her hair was white. The skin on her ears was grey. The new hair came in dark beige/light apricot on her body and white on her ears, I liked that look........I just shaved her yesterday and, there is very little pink left, mostly on her chest,belly and hind legs. Her skin is dark grey now so I'm thinking the new hair will grow back even darker than before the shave. So the white hair on her body is changing to darker color and the dark ears are turning white.
How confused are you now?? Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: