how often do you bath your poodle?

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how often do you bath your poodle?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming
::  
Sarah

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: how often do you bath your poodle? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was wondering how often you guys bath your poodles.

We are now bathing Finny once every 2 weeks, at first it seemed a long time, but now I'm wondering if maybe is too often? Confused

I'd like to do the best for her and her hair.

thanks
Sarah

Last edited by Sarah on Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Toto
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Bath rithm Reply with quote

Hi Sarah,

As soon as Loli was old enough to be bathed, we bathed her once a month. She's most of the time in our apartment, so there's no contact with grass or dirt directly. And she does NOT sleep in our bed (as I've heard from other poodle owners), so we don't need to keep her dog-odor free as those people.

She does not have a show clip either, so I guess we are a bit lazy with the bath... Very Happy and we can afford it.

2 weeks seems OK for me, I've known people who bathed their poodles once a week and even 3 times a week, so, don't worry about her skin or hair unless you see any symptom.
FabEyes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do Bath my toy poodle once a week, she is white, and so needs a lot of brushing and cleaning....
She look great thought totally worth it!
FabEyes
NikkiG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My grandmother bathes her toy poodle almost every other day. She begs for baths. She will actually sit next to the bath tub and whine for someone to give her a bath. Her skin and hair are perfectly healthy. She is cream but has darker skin. I have heard that the darker skin is less sensitive than the lighter skin so im sure each poodle is different when it comes to how much bathing they can take
Toto
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Hi FabEyes,

Welcome to the forum!!! sorry for the delay! Razz

Yes, white poodles do need some extra effort if you want to keep them perfectly clean or have a backyard they spend time in. My mother in law lives in a department, so her's do not get dirty so often, but they do bath a lot more often than our Loli... Very Happy

Nikki, I heard the same thing, light skin dogs are more sensitive and do have more allergic health problems, they usually have to be bathed with hipoallergenic shampoo. Loli is black, so I don't think she will have any of those problems, but she will not beg for a bath! She actually runs and stays below our bed trying to avoid it!

What's the trick? do you give her treats? do you live in a desert? Very Happy
NikkiG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toto, Everyone thinks its strange that she loves baths, but she does not get treats, in fact she refuses to eat any kind of treat, we live in South Carolina where it is usually pretty hot, but she begs for them even in the winter. I just think she is a very strange dog! She has quite a personality! I hope my new baby that i pick up this weekend will like baths as much, but probaly not!
Toni

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Mya loves baths too....and I just thought I had a strange dog. I bathe her once every two weeks, but that depends on if she finds a mud hole to play in.. Laughing
She has her own bath toys (got some from the kids department in the store) so she spends a little while playing before I bathe her.
We also have to make sure the bathroom door is closed when we take showers...she will jump in the shower. Its quite hilarious to be bathing and look down to find a puppy between your feet.
Crissi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is funny Toni and Nikki, I hope Luna will love to bath too....Fingers crossed.

Awww Nikki, you pick up a new baby too over the weekend? Another toy poodle? What colour? Are you going Sat or Sun? I am picking up Luna on Sat! YAY!!!!! x

www.kyraandluna.co.uk - Quality pet Accessories
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NikkiG

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thats old. I picked her up about 2 months ago. No more babies for awhile! LOL
Crissi

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh, silly me! Didn't notice the date.... Doh!

off she goes into the corner embarrassed.... Laughing

www.kyraandluna.co.uk - Quality pet Accessories
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> Poodle Grooming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: