Help - re grooming puppy

Click here to see complete slide show The Toy Poodle Forum 
This website was build with the intention to give every poodle fan a place to learn, discuss and share information about this beatiful breed: The Toy Poodle

RSS feedRSS   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   LinksPoodle Links   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help - re grooming puppy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> New Members Introductions
::  
carrie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Help - re grooming puppy Reply with quote

Hi I am new to having a dog and have a lovely toy poodle pup age 10 weeks old. he was initially really good with grooming as he just dozed on my lap while I did it. Now he is not really dozy he nips and gets stressed. he is very playful and we have been working on bit inhibition. when we groom him he is chewing much harder - not really hurting most of the time but he certainly does not enjoy it. I have been using a slicker brush people seemed to recommend for poodles and I am pretty certain its not hurting . he is nipping as soon as I start. He also gets nippy when I try to wipe his eyes. He has to get used to these things being done. Any advise? My hands can't take all of this nipping. The rest of the time he is lovely. thanks
Virangos

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carrie sorry for
The slow response . How old is your baby?
Could just be teething. Most important is to Handel him/her a lot.
Play with the paws PLAY WITH THE PAWS. It will help you and your groomer
Spread those toes.
Sounds like teething to me he'll grow out of it.

In dog Years I/m Dead

Dogs' lives are too short. Their only fault, really.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Toy Poodle Forum Forum Index -> New Members Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: